489 Reg. Sponsored (Provisional)
This visa grants the applicant the status of a temporary resident for the time of four years on a provisional basis
This visa encourages people from overseas to work in specific regions of Australia where there are deficits in skills and multiple vacancies in given profession.
Requirements for a Regional Sponsored Skilled Visa
To apply for this visa you have to be sponsored by a qualifying relative living in the adequate region of Australia or by a State or Territory Government.
This visa is evaluated on the basis of a points system. The minimum of 60 points is required for you to pass the test and become legally eligible for this visa, providing you also meet the standard requirements.
You are awarded points for the following nine categories:
- English Language
- Australian and Overseas Work Experience
- Australian Study
- Community Language
- Regional Australian Study
- Spouse Skills
- State or Family Sponsorship
- Professional Year
Advantages of being a holder of the Regional Sponsored Skilled Visa
This visa grants the applicant and their immediate family n the status of Australian temporary resident as soon as the requirements are met.
The permanent residency is available after the applicant has lived for two years along with having worked full-time for no shorter than year in a designated regional area of Australia.
Note: Holders of visa subclasses 495, 496, 475 and 489 who have met all the conditions of that visa qualify to apply for a subclass 489 visa, which allows a further stay on an additional year.
- 1st instalment of $3,060.00 (AUD) which has to be paid at the time of making the application.
- 2nd instalment of $4,250.00 (AUD which has to be paid before the visa is issued if there is a person relying on your support who is 18 or older and whose English is less than functional.